I can make a few connections between the excerpt from Emerson and Thoreau’s ideas. They both are based off of nature, along with other things. Emerson’s excerpt explains a lot about how god is connected to everything in nature. He talks about how everything and everyone is connected. It is a lot of spiritual thoughts, and spiritual connections. Meaning that every human being is connected to every individual thing in nature, and all of that is connected to god. Emerson wrote about how we should enjoy nature and use it for our well being, but don’t overuse it. He also wrote about god being all throughout nature, and how we can connect to god through nature. They are similar to each other since they both talk about the idea of god being throughout everything and being connected. The main idea of “Where I Lived, and What I Lived For” is that we should choose where we do anything in nature with a reason behind it. We should take everything into consideration when we use nature, and everything in nature is there for a reason so don’t use it if it isn’t for that reason. Thoreau leaving society behind could benefit him a lot. He can become a lot more independent from others, and could further his own agricultural skill, along with other farming concepts. I do not think I could do what he did. I could live on my own but after a while I think it would be extremely boring. Being all by yourself is going to drive you to extreme boredom. I would miss a lot of the things I have right now, like friends and other things. I don’t know enough about farming and living on my own enough to survive anyway. Readers now should understand that we need to appreciate nature, and only use it for good since we are all connected through it. God is connected through everything. Image result for agriculture