Blog 7: Poetry

I don’t really like poetry to begin with it’s kind of dumb and I don’t really understand half the stuff it’s talking about like I don’t really know how to analyze a poem or like know what it’s talking about because it just doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t know why we have to analyze poetry and write poetry and read so much throughout school like why are we going to have to know how to analyze and write poetry in our future at our job or whatever we decide to do. The process of writing a poem is hard because I don’t really know where to start or like how to write it it just seems so hard even though it’s really not I just don’t understand it. Analyzing Eldorado was hard because i didn’t really understand what the poem was about. i’m not good at writing poems and I don’t really know how to write home so my poem didn’t turn out very well I just kind of put things in that rhyme and hope it made sense like I’m not the best at writing especially poems or like knowing how to write them. I definitely will not be writing any poems in my future.