Satire

Satire is a very common form of humor, but we don’t really ever acknowledge that it’s satire. Making fun of people, especially politicians, is pretty common. There are a lot of TV shows based off of satire that are really popular, but no one ever really calls it that, so you don’t really make that connection right away. Even though satire is common, the type of humor I really love is puns. If someone makes a bad pun I will almost definitely start genuinely laughing really hard. Just on Friday I was walking down the hallway and I started laughing because of one of the pictures on Mr. Perry’s door. It wasn’t even just a smile or anything, it was a full on laugh. The picture wasn’t even that funny. It was a picture of a cell in front of a chalkboard doing long division. It took me a second to figure it out, but once I put it together that it was cell division, I started laughing. I’ll laugh at almost anything really, but I absolutely love puns. Every sing time that I walk into Mr. Dodge’s room I laugh at this picture.

Related image

picture from https://me.me/i/might-ochondria-definitely-chondria-12130037

This picture makes me laugh every time I see it without fail. It just absolutely cracks me up. Most of the pictures outside of teacher’s doors really aren’t even that funny but they never fail to make me laugh. If someone makes a pun, I instantly want to be their friend. I just love puns, and the fact that a lot of people don’t like them just makes me want to make them more often honestly.

I really don’t know much about Mark Twain. I’m vaguely aware that he wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and we were told on Friday that he writes a lot of satire, but that’s about it. After researching him a little bit, I found out that apparently he was a very bad investor. He just couldn’t stop investing money in a lot of different things that all failed, and for some reason I find that really funny. Usually when famous or rich people lose all their money they got involved in drugs or something, but he just didn’t know how to invest.

Image result for mitosis pun

bonus pun that always makes me laugh – picture from https://memegenerator.net/instance/67229039/bad-pun-husky-what-did-the-cell-say-when-his-sister-cell-stepped-on-his-foot-ow-mitosis