Finishing My Story

My story really hasn’t changed too much from my first initial idea, it just got a lot more developed. It’s still the same basic idea, I just had to think through all of the little details because of all of the activities we did in class. I had to think about what kind of people my characters are and how all of my conflicts would fit together. I don’t really like my story anymore because of how much I’ve just stared at it. It feels really boring. At least it’s not total trash, it’s more like recycling. I hope.

I honestly hated the first book I read. It was Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. This girl just immediately falls in love from watching this new guy next door.  She literally risks her life to be with this guy she just met. And then the ending was a total mess. It ended with her learning that her mom made up that she had this illness so that the mom could keep her all wrapped up in this bubble because she was afraid of losing her. The next book I’m going to read is Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. This time I used the What Should I Read Next link from the high school website and used a different book I really liked and found it that way because I’m terrible at finding actually good books to read. If it’s anything like the book I used to find it, An Ember in the Ashes by Saba Tahir, then it will be a lot better. I love that book so much I stayed up until five am one night because I had to finish it. To be fair, it was over the summer, but still. I’m much more excited about my second book.

Image result for skeleton meme

Image from https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/Waiting-Skeleton