Blog 8: Poetry

Poetry. I hate poetry. It’s boring to me and I personally don’t like to have to think so deeply about something in order to read it. Like why would i read something in order to analyze and take it apart. Don’t get me wrong, some poems that are easy to understand right away and analyze are cool. There are some poems that I have read and thought “wow”. Sometimes certain poems make me think different perspective. The poems we have read are the perfect example of why I would rather not read poetry. For example, when we read these poems I tried to understand them somewhat and got a theme out of them, well at least I did. Then when we analyzed them and took them apart, I was totally wrong. That’s why I don’t like poetry. When we read and went over the analysis for Eldorado that exact thing happened. I thought the theme was one thing and it turned out to be another. But after all I ended up understanding it. Other than reading a professionals poetry, I am gonna have to write a poem myself. The worst thing you could do to a person that HATES poetry is have them write a poem. So for this poem I thought about what I love the most to make it somewhat good. Food, I love food. That is what my poem is going to about and it is going to be amazing. I’m going to include how happy it makes me because nothing else does.