IR: Book 1

When I think about a death in a family, I picture relatives not speaking, grief expressed through every action, and a wave of reality that hits. These are all things I noticed when I read the book I Was Here. this book shows what it’s like for a group of people to go through a unexpected death and having to make sense of why this event happened. The challenge throughout the story is trying to find ways to move on and finding forgiveness. The one person that shows most of this anger and emotion is Cody, she survives her best friends death. She experiences confusion, anger, and depression. One thing i really loved about this book is to see how she overcame all of those feelings. I read this book to see what it’s like to go through something so terrible and to see different ways people overcome it. I felt that it was a great life lesson book. It is god for advice and comfort, especially if you are currently going through a situation like Cody’s. Going into reading this book i wasn’t excited because i looked at it as just another book to read for AR but afterwards i came out of it enjoying it. There was some things about the book i did not enjoy. For example, i did not like how the narrator dragged for most parts of the book. During Cody’s mission to avenge her friends death the feeling throughout was lost. This affected other characters as well and made it hard to tell what kind of person they were and what they felt about their friends death. Although i enjoyed this book, i feel that not everybody else will also. This book was very heavy in feeling and sad. Other than that it is a good, educated book to show suicide and how to stop or help people that may be going that direction.