Blog 1: First Week

My first week was just what I expected, the same old first week of school. Throughout the summer I was slowing counting down the days wishing for it to go slower, because the thought of only having two years left of high school is depressing. Besides the fact of that, I enjoyed coming back to see my friends that I may not have been able to see over the summer. Also, it makes me happy that it means football games, soccer season, and fair week is back! Some good things that have happened so far this week, that is good, is I finally started my first varsity game. Even thought it was only a scrimmage, it is important to me because I went from playing junior varsity and not getting a second of varsity time, to starting a varsity game. There is not much of a story for this week, but that might only be me not paying attention and not really caring enough to want to know if there is one. If there is anything that I have been paying attention to is everyone worrying about our football game against southern tonight. Everyone has been asking the football guys if they think we will do better than last year or be able to at least hold them off. I am excited to see what they can do. My expectations for this year most likely won’t happen, because when do they ever? But if they do I would like to make honor roll all four marking periods, keep my starting position for soccer, make new friends, and just overall successfully make it through this school year. My classes this year are actually hard for me. I think I will enjoy american literature and anatomy & physiology. My pre-calc class is just extremely boring and seems challenging, along with my american cultures class that just makes me want to sleep. I have not had any surprises yet this week, but I am sure by the end of this year there will be many. i am overall excited to see how this year goes and if I actually do all the things I plan on.