blog: huck finn initial impressions

Image result for huck finn

So far I’ve been liking Huck Finn, from telling seniors that we’ve finally started reading the “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” and receiving groans, laughs, or any negative reaction, I was a little skeptical if I was going to be a fan of this book. Although we’re just in the very early chapters, I’m fairly enjoying the book. Huck’s story is for sure an interesting one, and it doesn’t seem so cliche or predictable. He already is on an adventure from the start, maybe not the most delightful, adventure seeking experience, but it’s all apart of Huck’s story. I’m surprised that I’ve liked this book from the start due to more books that we read in school I dread, and I could fall asleep reading. Even though the “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” was written way back in 1883, it truly is a timeless story. Something I like that I didn’t think I would is that the story is written colloquially. Most words are spelled a little wonky, but whenever I read the book silently to myself  I get to read it from Huck’s point of view in this kind of country accent that I think he has. I also enjoy that the story is written in first person point of view, with that being said I am very fond of when Huck breaks the fourth wall. I just think that’s neat because of how long ago the book was written. If there was something I would say that I’m not a fan of, it’d for sure be Pap Finn. Mark Twain has done a great job of building this character that is so easy to dislike. Everything about Pap grinds my gears, and I wish that Huck would have shot him, but it shows that Huck has a heart which draws my liking to Huck’s character more and more.

blog: huck finn initial impressions