blog: end of argument

My perspective for arguing has definitely taken a 180 and changed over the course of this unit. Having to debate really put me in the position of the proper way to argue. Seeing people who argue in the wrong way, and making a fool of themselves is something that I don’t want to do. If I took anything from this lesson, it’s to back everything up and know what you are arguing for. The way I argued has for sure changed. I would always ramble on and blurt out any little thought that popped into my head. I never really would think about what I would say, and what could be said against my argument. Even watching my peers argue was a game changer. Right after the constructive was read, you knew who did their research and who didn’t. One of my favorite debate’s was the debate of the legalization of marijuana. Alexa was very prepared and backed everything up, and It was entertaining watching her counter-argument try and argue back. It’s crazy to think that we argue every day, it’s a daily thing, yet little do I think of the proper way to argue when I do, but I do think highly of those who are lawyers or on a debate team. Having a proper argument is based more on just emotion and opinion. It’s all about backing up those opinions with facts and not using fallacies.

blog: end of argument