My initial thoughts on the story¬†“The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County,” was that the story was written very well. The different characters and the diverse personalities gave the story a very interesting factor to it. The clash of origins from the main focused characters creates conflict and suspense throughout the dialogue and plot. The most interesting part of the story though, and why I think the story is written so well, is the great use of irony at the end of the story. When the “smarter,” “more educated man” gets proven wrong by the “unintelligent man.” This proves in the story, that just because you are educated, does not mean that you are necessarily intelligent when it comes to real world applications. This is also the main purpose of the story, to depict a highly educated person being “shown up” so to speak by an “idiot” or uneducated hick.

The use of satire is also intriguing and adds a much need comedic relief to the very meaningful plot. Though many may disagree with the statement of the plot being meaningless or not very serious, to me it does hold a very deep meaning. This meaning being just because you are educated does not mean you are intelligent, and you should take uneducated people seriously, as they may be more smart or savvy than you.

So Huck Finn is a very readable story. I think I will like it as we go along, as so far I have not found a reason to not really like. In my experience usually I can tell if I am going to like a story fairly quickly. I think the story will have some irony, just like¬†“The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County.” I also believe that it will include satire and a lot of humor behind the more serious story line.

Image result for huck finn