My selected author is Mark Twain, also known as Samuel Longhorne Clemens. I chose this writer because since we are reading Huckleberry Finn, I really liked how he was very against slavery in Huck Finn, because that just shows to go that he really cares about people for people. He was born in the 1800’s so usually you would think “oh since he is a white man he is for slavery and he doesn’t give a shit about colored people” but he was obviously raised right and that’s one thing, out of the many things I really love about him. He was a short story writer, which lead me to choosing him because I hate poems, so I leaned towards choosing him as my selected author. The three most interesting works by Mark Twain was actually easy to chose. I haven’t read a lot of his stories but the ones I have I loved. I really liked Huckleberry Finn, My mom used to read me Mississippi River when I was younger and we used to laugh out loud, And my last favorite one that looks interesting is Roughing it. I know Twain is a feminist even though like I said he was born in the 1800’s so people weren’t very lenient with black people doing anything and saw them as less than us. I am excited to learn more about Twain and what he has to offer.

Image result for mark twain books