The Adventures of Huck Finn has been a very pleasant surprise. I had never read any of Mark Twain’s works except for a chapter from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer in middle school. My memory isn’t the best, so I didn’t know what to expect. Mark Twain was a baller because he said whatever he wanted and didn’t even care about society’s rules at the time. That attitude and mentality are at times hidden, but most of it was out in the open. This book exposes social views in a more progressive light which is pretty cool judging by the fact that it was written during a time where this was considered taboo. I also really like the fact that many of the characters are very superstitious because it pulls the reader into the fantasy world of Huck Finn, and has made the story a lot more fun and appealing. Another thing that I noticed right away is that the story is from Huck’s point of view, which is different because it’s written from a child’s perspective. Normally this is very rare for me, and I found that this enabled Mark Twain to reveal (in many spots) Huck’s naivety and innocence, examples being his confusion with how prayer works and his belief of genies etc. Something else that’s been achieved so far, is that The Adventures of Huck Finn has managed to stay interesting rather than dry. This may sound ignorant, but I have noticed that sometimes many of the books authors have written from earlier time periods are, at times, boring, flat, and unexciting. I know some people like that kind of stuff, but I don’t so that’s what I was half expecting this book to be like. I guess “don’t judge a book by it’s cover”…or time period is true. Overall, there hasn’t been anything that I have not liked from this book, and it has been very enjoyable. This blog isn’t going to hit the word count but its okay because I think that I’ve successfully been able to answer the prompt given. Oh, wait now I have hit the word count that’s good.