Before we started watching “Vertigo”, I was super worried that it was gonna be this long, boring, low-key racist, black and white film, but I was proved wrong because it’s actually been very enjoyable. I can see how it’s the number six ranked best film of all time because the storyline isn’t garbage and there are weird twists that the viewer sometimes doesn’t always see coming. My favorite scene so far was definitely when Midge made the painting for Scottie, of her face “photoshopped” onto the body of Carlotta Valdez. That part was hilarious, especially when Midge was so shook that Scottie hated it and started hysterically sobbing. Another thing that I thought was really funny, but wasn’t meant to be funny, was when Scottie was following Madeliene and she never noticed that he was tailing her for two days. Even when they were the only two cars on the road for most of the time, and he parked right behind her at the bridge. Although this film has been good, one thing that I don’t like is how the women in this film are portrayed. Madeliene seems like the damsel in distress, and is weirdly falling in love with Scottie even though they’ve only known each other for two days, and her love interest is actually a creepy stalker who’s become obsessed with her. Midge also seems to be chasing after Scottie even though he’s clearly friend zoned her and is chasing after the heart of another woman. Midge and Madeleine haven’t been shown as powerful independent women, so that’s my biggest critique. My big predictions are that Madeliene and Scottie are both gonna end up dying, probably from falling off a building because Scottie is afraid of heights, or Scottie might kill Madeline by pushing her off a building because he’s obsessed with her and normally that kind of thing happens.