One thing that I have never noticed until the discussion, is that authors like William Shakespeare have been using the same tactic in every thing they’ve ever written. Authors always use the stereotypical “dumb jock” or “damsel in distress” as their minor characters in order to keep the storyline moving.  Sometimes, authors also use a similar storyline to previous books they have written because they know it will definitely sell if it appeals to a broad variety of readers.  A story that this relates to is “The Hunger Games” series by Suzanne Collins. In the first book and the second, “Catching Fire”, Katniss Everdeen is forced to participate in the arena. Both books also include topics like love, adventure, defiance, and inequality which could interest many people. Peeta and Katniss’s sister, Prim, also always play the role of the “damsel in distress” in both books because Katniss sees herself as their protector.  She is constantly looking out for both of them and saving them whenever they get themselves into trouble.  In my opinion, this is a pretty smart move for the author, and if I knew about these tactics before reading “The Hunger Games” series I would have still read all three books and recommended them to other people. Suzanne Collins really knew how to captivate young and older readers with the storyline  (even if her tactic has been used millions of times before).

Week two of the school year has made me realize how much work I am actually going to have to do this year. Every night of this past week I have been up until 11 studying and doing homework. In the past, I remember seeing tired and sad juniors and seniors walk into band every morning only to have to frantically finish their homework during homeroom, but now, I’ve realized that I’M that junior. It’s only gonna get worse from here after high school so I guess it’s a good thing that I’m getting used to it now.