Transcendentalism

Image result for cabin in the woods

What connections can you make between Thoreau’s thoughts and Emerson’s?

They are both intelligent, strong writers. For some reason they both can’t speak like a normal person. I’m just pulling your leg, I just don’t apply myself as much as I should in school given I hate it and almost everyone in it. Anyways as you know, I don’t understand much of their writing. However I do understand that they are very much alike in multiple ways. Like their speeches, the way they view things in general. What is the main idea of the first portion of the excerpt “Where I Lived and What I Lived For?” What is the main point of “The Conclusion?What would be the benefits of Thoreau’s leaving behind society to live in the woods experiment? What would you miss? Could you do it? To find yourself, I didn’t know what I what to do after high school. I think some nice time alone would be good for me to think about me and what I want in life without falling to the pressure of society. I know I have felt the pressure, I know my fellow peers have felt the pressure. As soon as we are in high school we are expected to know what we want to do for the rest of our lives. Not only will I be able to find myself, I will be able to relax. I consider myself a semi peaceful person, I don’t like to stress over the little things. Often I will take time out of my day to relax and have some me time. However lately I haven’t had this luxury, I have been extremely tense, which effects me and everyone surrounding me. I also consider myself one with nature so I would love to go away in the woods by myself for a while. What should a modern reader take out of anything we’ve read in regards to Transcendentalism? Why? Transcendentalism is a very formal word that describes a very simple idea. It is god’s word and spirit that pushes and inspires everyday life for Transcendentalist.