Blog 14 again I guess

The more you read, the easier and better it gets. Reseach studies in past years, like really really really really really in the past, have shown reading improves activity in your brain I guess. The possibities of independent reading improving brain activity range from changing the way you speak, the way you read whether it is just a slight change, or my amazing writing skills ( note the sarcasm ). Independent reading really isn’t as bad as some students say. Throughout high school I constantly hear, and I’m sure you do to, students complaining about independent reading. Whether it is picking out a book, reading it, writing it or taking the test, somehow students find the whole process of independent reading challenging, which is beyond me why for I think independent reading is an easy 30 points. As a student, I must say that one of the only cons about AR reading I actually have a problem with is taking the test on my book. This is why I think completing a blog rather than taking the test is a great alternative. Doing more with interesting books in class, like activities that students enjoy. I get that reading old literature is important now in schools, but it is also important that students read something they care about. Something that grabs attentions of the students therefore make them want to read without having to push or shove them. I think getting students more involved in class readings and discussions in which we actually look foward to could be a major solution for helping students. If student learned that fun and reading go together, some would read more often than not. Little side note: students typically end up doing more work in classes that they have fun in and feel like they can let loose. I wanted to choose the third book in The Mafia and His Angel series for my next independent reading book, but since we have to choose a book from the library I was forced to choose a different AR book. For now anyways! Anyhow I chose Jurassic Park for my next AR book.