blog 21: huck finn

I’m the type of person that will read any book, but i wasn’t too thrilled when i found out we had to read Huck Finn. I’ve heard only bad things about this book, that it’s boring, its not interesting, it’s too long, etc. But i have to admit that I’ve actually enjoyed the first 5 chapters of the book. I think it’s pretty interesting and it’s definitely better than i expected it to be. One thing about this story that i thought was ironic was how the father of Huck Finn was taken in by the Judge and promised to be a better person, but snuck out that night and sold his coat to get some booze. One thing about the plot that i didn’t enjoy was how Toms Sawyer’s band of robber’s made it sound like the story was about to become action packed, with killing and robbing, but they only pretended to do it rather than actually doing it. I also didn’t like how Ms. Watson was always rude to Huck Finn and always picking at him. Another thing I thought was odd was how Jim “talked” to a “magic hairball” that would tell Huck Finn’s future. I dont really have much else to say about it, but i do have to admit i’ve enjoyed reading the book so far.

Image result for huckleberry finn