Upon finishing Huck Finn, my reasoning  behind not enjoying books has become even more elaborate. Most books are capable of getting me too emotionally involved. However, this book didn’t even have to do that for me to hate it. It was straightforward enough to somewhat understand, but I will probably never enjoy a book that is assigned to be read by the whole class. It was bearable to read because we always elaborated the content into great detail the next day in class. Huck Finn  was fairly successful as far as teaching me the elements of various themes, such as maturity throughout the novel and southern romanticism. This novel was definitely written in a different culture of speaking than many of the books I’ve read. It caused the reading aspect to be more of a headache than one could enjoy. It required far too much attention to be had towards just the speech rather than connecting the dots of the actual story. This novel drug out longer than other books as well, mainly because it didn’t real my state of mind in as well and I get extremely bothered when I’m assigned to read things that I have no interest in reading…but hey, that’s life. The last few chapters of the book were all over the place. One would have a ton of detail and figurative action going on while another chapter brought the book to a somewhat expected, yet abrupt end. If I could change the novel, I’d have out another mild chapter in that could sort of wean the reader off of the thick content of the previous chapter. I think that the biggest lesson to be taken from this novel is that the people that mean the most to you could be right in front of  you, even if you don’t see them. Sometimes, the people who say the things we don’t want to hear are the people who care the most for us. I really do think that the novel pertains to current events that are taking place in society today, mainly because racism is still a huge issue, and people can have different personalities depending on which individual they are currently associating with. We have to be careful with who we trust in today’s society just as much as we had to back then.

Our Huck Finn project is to be displayed through a Buzzfeed quiz. We picked this project with the point in mind that our classmates can choose different prefernces on the path to finding out if they’re more like Huck or Tom. I am hoping that our classmates will enjoy being engaged in our project as individuals.Image result for buzzfeed