Fair week created a vacuum

This was honestly the worst fair week ever. Very few good things happened this week. For starters, the horse barn cracked down on ridiculous rules and made everyone miserable. The heat was unbearable, even when I bought 4-6 bladder busters a day from The Best Iced Tea Anywhere Period stand. I buy so much tea there, I should get a punch card for there. PSA: their Blueberry tea is the best thing ever.

The worst part was that the arena footing conditions were not in our favor. It was out of our control, but very unhealthy for our horses, spectators, and ourselves. We have all lived through it with no casualties so far, and are praying for better luck next year. However, the thing that irritates me the second-most, was that the guys in the yellow shirts (security) were out to get me. It was Wednesday afternoon and a bunch of the drill team kids were bored and wanted to lighten the mood. There was a fake snake in the other aisle of our barn, so of course, we “borrowed” it for the week. I tied it to a roll of thin wire and ran it across the street and stuck it behind a trash can in the shadow. I’d slowly drag it out to where the shadow met the sun and when someone got close i’d give it a good tuck so it would go across their feet or right in front of them and it would scare the $#!t out of them. Most of them would laugh and keep walking. Some would give a good scream and jump out of their socks trying not to step on it. I had an audience of people that I already scared sitting on the benches watching me scare other people. All it took was one old hag to ruin the fun. Someone forgot the mechanics of walking and drug their foot under the wire and then went to the livestock office and ratted us out. So some big “Barto” guy game and scolded us- blooming onion breath and all. That was’t the only time, either. I couldn’t win. But you know what, they better not forget me, because I’m coming back with bigger and better plans for next year *smirky face*. Not to mention, the rubber band battles got pretty heated by the end of the week.  Most importantly, I got the privilege to honor the ones we’ve loved and lost through our drill team performances; those moments there were the ones that meant the most.