blog 18

After all the in-depth presentation of Song of Myself by Walt Whitman,  I understood the poem more and comprehended his perspective on life and how he held himself and others.Walt Whitman is the kind of person who is an optimist and loves everyone as well as believing that everyone is good no matter what.Song of Myself is about Walt finding himself throughout his thoughts and mainly in society.A general interesting fact of song for myself is that throughout Walts life he would revise it and then at the end of leaves of grass he had poems that looked throughout his life and what he learned.Personally, i found my section one of the most interesting because it talked a lot about society and how society’s future is in the hands of the younger generation which I can’t help but agree with.Section 4 was very interesting because it talks about being surrounded by people who are freeloaders who have no original ideas and keep rehashing the same thing in a multitude of ways.This is very relevant in today’s society just by not many original ideas are out there because most of the time they are based on something which is still like copying just in a different way.In this section, he does mention that even though he does seem happy all the time, he and everyone else still experience negative things.One other thing I agree with that he mentions just briefly in this section is that he is uncertain of the future which is obviously agreeable but I like that fact that he just mentions it and he does play with it later on in the poem.This is a very important thing to point out which I think connects to the other section I really liked.The other section that I really enjoyed talking about was section 3 even though its majority was basically talking about sex.I only liked the beginning part where he is basically talking about how we should be focusing on the now rather than arguing about different ideals which is basically the majority of what happens in today politics.I understand why this poem is the most influential due to its positive and lives perspectives.

Image result for walt whitman memes