Image result for chernobyl

“Music came from the abandoned house” – Anne Lind.This quote from Anne Lind is dark and creepy and could be taken different ways but it’s a great quote to make a story off of.I choose it because the amount of versatility I could use with it and how I can base it off of a place that is abandoned and has its own history.My general idea for this story is to make it based on the disastrous event that happened in Chernobyl Ukraine.The event the happened in Chernobyl was a nuclear meltdown from a reactors flawed design and was operated inadequately by trained personnel.Actually, in 2011, it became open to the public as a tourist attraction.My general idea for this short story is to make a sad story showing how a woman lost her father when she was younger from this meltdown.People from a tour would hear an eerie music box constantly playing when they pass a certain house.Personnel who are in charge of the tour groups tried to find the source of the music but they could never find it so they called an environmental health and safety engineer to search through more of the radioactive houses to see if he could find the source and it’s an old music box that needs to be wound up every day.So the question that comes to be is how is it being wound up every day if the houses are blocked off from the public because it’s a safety hazard?. Then the story would go along with meeting the protagonist and finding out her backstory which would be the reason of why she risks her health every day just in memorial for her father. My idea came from previously reading about Chernobyl and learning what happened and how some of the effects of this disaster are still being felt to date.My original concept was not to have the safety engineer and just have radiation be the angonist, but that not really possible so the safety manager is going to be that person who fights with the protagonist about how she is hurting her health.The quotes really helped of make a basis for the short story and made a cool twist of being able to base it off of an event in history.