Week 2 and Notes

The notes we went over in class today was primarily just review. I felt like I had a better understanding going over everything in detail. One term I did not previously know was milieu. It’s a pretty fun word to say, but other than that I noticed many stories have a theme/feeling related to the time, setting, or characters. The current book I’m reading for AR is about immigration and the fear of breaking a family apart. This story line is relevant today because of immigration reforms currently being set in place. Another thought I had was the difference between peak and plateau climax. I noticed that many authors with hit series usually end their stories with a cliffhanger. It’s the same way how movie makers profit of your love for the novel and expect you to wait a year or two for the next movie to come out. A term known as catharsis is the emotional bonding of the character(s) and the reader. You don’t know how many times I cried after a character dying. It is too embarrassing to admit, but life goes on. Usually, people come to the conclusion that the antagonist is the bad guy always. Thanks to McGarry I learned that it isn’t always the case. If you look at it this way, the protagonist is the antagonist’s antagonist. 

Week two went slower than the first for some reason. I like how most of my harder classes are in the morning and then towards the end, I have fun classes to finish off the day. There really hasn’t been much change, I’ve been just looking forward to fair week to be honest. Our first home game went great, we won 2-1 against Mifflinburg. It was really tense the first half because no one has scored yet, but the second half was definitely better. We got that W!

“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing”

Totally didn’t google this quote.