Debate topics

My topic for the debate happened to be the school uniforms controversy. The position I received for the topic was the con side, which is against wearing school uniforms. The pro side would then be for wearing school uniforms. My personal position on this topic is being against wearing school uniforms. I think that wearing school uniforms would put an end to a lot of the individualism and diversification that makes America great. It puts yet another limit on the student’s choice in this already limiting society. I don’t know a whole lot about the topic without searching it on google but I know the basics about it. Obviously I know that there are plenty of schools that utilize school uniforms, and that some schools believe it helps improve students grades. I also think some schools believe that some schools think it will help some students with bullying but there is no proof of that being the case. Students who get bullied because of the clothes they wear will probably get bullied regardless of whether or not they are wearing a school uniform. A quick google search of “School Uniforms Debate” will bring up a bunch of pages of pros and cons listed for have school uniforms. From a logical standpoint the school uniform would wreak havoc on the students or parents bank account. The back to school shopping is a time that all parents dread because it usually means spending tons of money on new clothes, but if students could wear uniforms that wouldn’t happen. Right? Of course it would, school uniforms usually cost anywhere from one hundred dollars to two hundred dollars. One of the biggest ethical issues with school uniforms is religion. Some students won’t be able to wear the uniform because it might clash with the clothing that they are supposed to wear for their religion. A big emotion that ties in with the school uniform policies is anger. There is always students who deliberately disregard the policy and continue to wear what they want anyways.