My Fair Week

I did not have the best of fair weeks. Last Friday I sprained my ankle in my football game and had to go to the doctors the next morning. That Friday night I got maybe an hour of sleep because my ankle ached so bad. I am not going to lie I felt like a million bucks that Saturday. Then I went home and slept for around 5 hours. I couldn’t practice Monday or Tuesday but I did practice Wednesday and Thursday because I had to get a full-padded practice in in order to play this past Friday. Believe it or not the doctor told me I should walk on it because active healing is the best option for it right now. Anyways, I went to the fair a few times, maybe for a total of around 3 hours mainly because I was disappointed that the “I Got It” game had its price moved from fifty cents to one dollar! What the heck! So I played that like 3 times and won my first game because I’m a pro, what can I say. So I practiced Wednesday and my one coach saw me struggling so I sat out most of the practice but hey, I was eligible to play Friday. On Thursdays, we have a spaghetti dinner after practice but the people that were supposed to bring in the food did not even show up. So Friday rolls around and I stayed home because my football coaches wanted nobody to be walking around at the fair eating junk food that day and I just made sure my ankle was ready for that night. So I show up to football and get heat on my ankle and have Gina tape my ankles and they were like casts after that, but I was not prepared for what happened that night… I did not start that game at running back because the coaches did not want to use me unless they absolutely needed to. I was starting on special teams though and blocked for Darius who returned the opening kickoff back for a touchdown. After that it went downhill. I wasn’t getting any yards when I ran the ball and my ankle was sore. On one play I went to plant my foot and turn and my ankle kept going and I rolled it a little bit and it hurt so bad that I literally jumped. A player came in and basically landed on me but since I jumped and fell, it made it look like he body slammed me which wasn’t the case. So after that play my ankle really hurt and I had to be carried off of the field and sat the rest of the game. At this moment I feel great and I believe I am ready for this week of football. Moral of the story, it is not worth pushing through an injury. Take the high road and rest longer if you have to. The following Saturday though I went to the fair and had the most amazing crepe ever and chocolate-dipped peanut butter balls (as shown).