Week 2

Image result for star wars

The first week of school was obviously easy and week 2 was not too much different. Granted, we got more work but nothing I could not handle. Anatomy is by far the most work heavy class but I love anatomy so it doesn’t bother me that much. I knew we would fall upon notes in American Lit. eventually so I did not try to avoid the obvious and stress myself out. Mr. McGarry actually taught me quite a bit. I am not saying I was surprised Mr. McGarry could actually teach, I was just surprised at how much it opened my eyes to the world of literature in such little time. Off the top of my head I remember him saying about how the antagonist and protagonist are created based on their involvement in the story. Another thing I learned which kind of blew my mind was that a character that comes in and has a single purpose and that is to change the outcome…can still be considered a minor character. An obvious one that I should have known was that climax is when the reader is at their highest involvement in the story. I never thought of it like that! It is totally and completely true but I would have never guessed it. I also learned that “denouement” means “untying” which is, you guessed it, the falling action. Another key thing I learned was that setting has a huge involvement in a story. It reveals stuff about a character spiritually, psychologically, economically, and physically. Like, wouldn’t a story be different if a person was stuck in the desert looking for food rather than New York? Of course! That is a bad example but you get my point. It can also affect the character mentally. Going back to my wonderful example, the person would be more mentally defeated knowing he is in the desert rather than the city. That could affect him spiritually too! It all helps one another and that is why setting is so important. Star Wars would literally lose its name if the setting wasn’t space itself…