Blog 19 Vertigo

The film Vertigo, by Alfred Hitchcock, is a very unique film.  Part of it being unique is due to the fact that it was made in 1958 and I am used to movies made in the 2000’s.  I thought that there were some parts that were kind of odd and strange, but there were also some parts that were interesting to me.  One thing that I liked in the film was the murder scene and the way that Gavin tricked Scottie with who really fell out that window and died.  That seems kind of odd that I would like that scene, but it is the kind of thing that I enjoy watching in films.  Another part of the movie that I really liked was right at the end when the nun came up the stairs and spooked Judy, and then rang the bell.  I liked it because at the time it was totally random and thought it was quite funny actually.  Something that I didn’t like, though, was how awkward Hitchcock was when he dressed up Judy in the exact same clothes and makeup to look like Madeline.  It was kind of a little creepy the way he did that.  Also the kissing scenes were way too fake, it seemed as if they were licking each other’s cheeks.  It was very weird.  My critique of the film was overall pretty decent, but there were some things that could have been better.  What could have been better was the acting.  The acting seemed almost fake at times and was just too predictable to me.  Also, the music was effective at times, but other times I think it could have been better especially when the two women fall out of the window.  There could have been some better dramatic music and maybe some dark and eerie music also.  Overall, the film was good besides not being able to watch the first half of it.

Image result for vertigo movie scenes