The book “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn”, is a story which jungles hard topics and/or themes such as racism, religion, identity, and others. Overall, this book wasn’t as bad as I anticipated yet it wasn’t my favorite. So in other words I guess I could view it as just average, but better than some of the other things we’ve read in this class. It definitely accomplished it’s job of covering and allowing the audience to understand the themes. Of course reading it by myself, I kind if had a hint of what Twain was trying to say but I didn’t grasp the full concept until we discussed it together as a class. This novel wasn’t the best I ever read yet I enjoyed how at moments it kept me wanting to read the next chapter, mostly when our teacher told us not to. When I think about it, I’m just not a big novel fan so maybe that could be playing a key role in my opinion on how I feel about this as a whole. I’m not sure why either but I enjoy short stories more than novels. For me personally, I did not like the end of the book, if I were to change one thing it would be that Tom was not as stupid as Mark Twain made him to be. Huck needs a better role model because this guy just did a 180 on him and turned his back on him. He’s officially put in the trash in my mind right now. Something important I think a modern day reader should take from this is the value of friendship and the things you should do to protect your loved ones.  This novel stills applies to our society today greatly. Mostly because we have a lot of controversy over topics like racism or religion which are the main themes in this book. Our Huck Finn project is similar to the game “Cards against Humanity” but NOT for kids!! We picked this project because it was fun and simply to understand for the class while we present it. I expect that we get a good grade on it of course, but I also hope that our group can come together to put lots of thought and effort into it. I would really like to finish this quarter off with a good grade form this project but teamwork is key.