Blog 11: Gun Control Con

My topic for the debate we will be doing in class is for gun control, and I will be fighting on the con side of the argument. So I will mainly be talking about how having gun control is a bad thing. This view on the topic is not particularly my view on the topic. My view is that there should be some restrictions on gun control like background checks and limits to what guns you are allowed to purchase, but not too many to where it limits our second amendment rights to where its basically not there anymore. I already know that background checks are required as of now with buying guns and that some guns are illegal to buy unless you’re like some big government dude. With a quick google search on gun control one of the first thing that came up was a pro con website giving differing views on either side of the gun control issue. Another website that showed up with a google search was the Wikipedia page and a page with facts on gun control. For a logical approach on this topic i’m going to find credible graphs and charts on differing topics within the fight on gun control. An ethical issue in this is that people might think it unethical to be able to buy guns without any control on how you get to buying it like background checks, because then anybody could buy a gun which can be very dangerous because hat if that person is a serial killer or just any mentally unstable person. One big emotion that I can bring in to play in this argument is patriotism, since it is our second amendment right to be able to own guns, and if you deny anyone that, then you are bringing shame to our country.