debate blog

I believe that my views have stayed pretty much the same over time. I still believe that illegal immigration is a big problem because it is unfair to those who are here legally. I think the most interesting fact was that the government spends 113 billion annually on illegal immigrants. I never imagined it would be such a high amount of money. I didnt know these exact statistics before researching them for my debate. Forbes.com gave me the information on this statistic. I believe my topic can trigger sadness, pity and anger.  People often feel anger for illegals because they indeed are here illegally and are taking things away from legal citizens such as jobs and tax dollars. It can trigger sadness and pity because of the fact illegal immigrants get housing aid when veterans and american families are left to sleep on the streets. I believe my debate topic is emotionally charged by itself because a lot of people have differing opinions on the topic. My topic is one that has a big impact on ethics. Ethics means having justice and fairness but when it comes to illegal immigration its hard to find anything exactly fair about it. One ethical argument for illegal immigration is that it gives people a chance at their dream but one against it is that legal tax payers are spending their hard earned money to pay for illegal immigrants which isnt fair. I believe emotion is most important for my topic because each person has different emotional views of illegal immigration. Illegal immigration causes many people to feel a wide variety of emotions. As said before, in my case, there is anger about illegal immigration but those in favor of it may say they feel sadness for them because they want to make a better life for themselves. I feel like there is some slippery slope against illegal immigration but a lot of appeal to emotion in favor of illegal immigration. Ive learned that when debating nobody cares about your opinion. If you put the words i or i believe in people are less likely to be persuaded. I believe in the future i wont be using any of my opinions in debates but instead using valid facts. Image result for illegal immigration