Fair Story

Fair week seems to be everyone’s favorite week of the year. Its a time where you can shove your face with fried foods and forget about the world. However, by the end of the week you somehow magically put on about 10 pounds but nobody really seems to care. I was looking forward to having a nice relaxing fair week filled with naps and food, but that all changed when the field hockey team had to park cars for all 8 days due to the wrestling team backing out on their days (thanks guys). Parking actually wasn’t as bad as I had expected. We played cards to pass the time when business was slow. I had taken three 4 hour shifts on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. So here is where the story begins, Monday afternoon around 3 oclock. My 2 friends and I were parking cars as usual and minding our own business. It was extremely hot and not many cars were coming to park, so we had a lot of free time on our hands. We were lucky if 5 cars would come in an hour. We were all ready to just call it quits and get the heck inside out of the heat. After abut half an hour of no cars, a car came flying into the parking lot slamming on its brakes in order to pay. Driving this car was a little old lady and her husband. My one friend walked up to the car to gather the $5.00 charge to park. The little old lady driving refused to put down her window at first. Eventually she rolled her window down and my friend told her that it would be $5.00 to park. As soon as she heard this information she started getting upset saying it was senior citizen day and that everything is suppose to be free. She turned to her husband and demanded the $5.00, throwing it out the window at my friend. Trying to be friendly, my friend told the lady to follow her in order to show her where she should park. Before she had finished this sentence, the little old lady squealed forward barely missing my friends foot and made her own parking space. My friends jaw dropped, amazed by how rude the lady was. The little old lady and her husband got out of their car and as they walked past us the little lady started yelling at us. She was screaming about how we were ripping her off and how she could have parked closer for less money. As she was walking she was flailing her arms at us and her husband was holding her back. She continued yelling all the way out of the parking lot and down the street. Her husband was extremely humiliated by her actions and apologized to us. Thankfully, my shift was over before the little old lady came back from the fair. My friends and I were glad to get out of there in fear of experiencing another person like the little old lady. The rest of the days I had to park cars went smoothly which was great. The lesson that was learned from this experience is that you have to be prepared for anything because people can be extremely rude. Hopefully ill never have to see or deal with that old lady ever again.Image result for parking $5Image result for bloomsburg fair