the last Huck blog (hopefully)

The Huck Finn novel was a good book. I thought it was definitely better than expected, I expected more of a Tom Sawyer kind of book but turned out to be darker. This book was definitely more of a challenging compared to other books based on  the dialect of certain characters and the overall analysis needed to get a better understanding of the book.I thought the last couple chapters were weird… If I could change anything I would make it so there was a darker ending. Certain aspects of the ending where to unrealistic to be real life, but ended more of Tom’s story books. In the end how Jim was set free just because he helped out Tom and help Pop then dies is just to fictional to be believable. It was hard to understand why Mark Twain did this because mostly all of the other aspects of the book were believable. I think the most important things for a reader today to get out of this book would be the social constructs around slavery and how it relates to today. Since Mark twain wrote this book based on how the South when he was living in this time it gives the reader a window into what it really was like for African Americans.

My project for the Huck Finn Novel is called “It’s Hucking Finn”. It is a youtube channel that will be the Huck Finn story told in vlogs. The vlogger will be Huck and most of the events in the book will be portrayed but it will take place in a modern time. The only major change in it is Jim, Jim will not be a black man but a women. This is a stylistic choice that we are doing to represent the inequality of women in our time. Also we didn’t have anyone willing to help us portray Jim so we edited Jim’s character. *Shrug*