Image result for im done meme

Throughout this chapter, I’ve learned how to properly argue. Before this chapter my arguments were easily discredited, only base my arguments off of logic and what I believe to be true, because of what I learned I I know how to use factual evidence, emotional appeal, and logic to all better under prove my stance. I also learned how to properly cite things and manage a bibliography feel like all the practice I had with arguing formally has help me even in my day today arguments, especially in some minor cases. My argument I think was one of the harder choices because I had to prove that the state government  should fund college tuition for all. This is very difficult because there is little factual information about this besides the New York in Tennessee that are beta testing this for community college, while my opponent only had to present facts about the prices it would cost for the government and the taxpayers which please awful the audience’s emotion. All my evidence was based off of beta testing for two states that are only “kind of“” doing the same thing as my topic, New York and Tennessee are only trying out a version where community college is free for people who make under whose families make under 125,000. I also used European countries that have free college as examples by the national government pays for it not the individual territory or state.

The new type of arguing we were taught with our opening, cross-examination, rebuttal and closing, is way better than the usual type of arguing I would do. If it is the subject I am arguing happens to be something i’m passionate about I tend to get worked up and talk over the other person. This type of argument that we just learned is helping me to listen to what the other people are saying first and have a comp composure so I can hear what they’re saying and know how to counterattacked their position. From what I have seen from everyday conversations with other students and adults the same way, they get worked up, their emotions run wild, assume things and they use a lot of fallacies.

Since I was at district chorus for the last two days of the debate I missed a little under half of them, but of the debates I saw my favorite was the one about pro-life or pro-choice. The pro choice side had a very good argument and used a lot of factual information to support her side. She was very prepared and even had very good cross-examination questions

Throughout the chapter my perception has changed when it comes to arguments., I feel like I can better appreciate the arguments I hear and know which side is more prepared The main difference I now know is the amount of work you have to do to properly prepare a good argument. The whole assignment was somewhat hard for me because I tend to procrastinate and kind of bull crap my way through things, which was not possible for this assignment