Short in retrospect, the last; Blog 26

Coming into this year I was terrified, everything was becoming serious. It’s my junior year, another year closer to graduation. To becoming a Senior, the most infamous and longed for year of high school. I  decided I would crack down on my studies and not procrastinate or slack off. But procrastination is easier done than said and I let some things slip. Especially more in some classes than others. *cough* *cough*. All in all though, this year was similar to the others years of high school. Although it was definitely shorter when looking back on the year. It feels like just yesterday I finishing my summer work, anticipated this year. As I near the beginning of my senior year of high school, an anxious feeling is rising in me. This is the last chapter of my entire high school career, meaning everything is about to change. It’s nerve-wracking, but exciting, thrilling even to know I have one year left until I’m out in the real world with every opportunity to make both this life and myself, what I want it to be. Not getting so worked up definitely helped when facing a test or a major project. Studying, reviewing my notes every few days, and staying calm got me through this year. I have this disease, and it’s debilitating, and I’ve struggled with it for a very long time. Not only does it affect my performance in school, but in every aspect of my life. It’s called procrastination. It’s really just my fault, but ehh, I’ll work on that later.What was the best and the worst works and/or assignments we did this year? My favorite assignment was the book trailer project. The worst assignments were probably the things I procrastinated on. I can’t remember what they are, but I’ll figure it out later. I could learn to not procrastinate, and maybe someday I will have this life changing experience where I will actively decide to stop procrastinating. But not today. I enjoyed the works we read, and watched, and I was a different experience in English than I’ve ever had. So how about we go with the middle. I want to make it through the year with the best grades I can get. I’m going to tour colleges, take the SAT’s again, and try to discover what I want to do in life. I’m excited to be an adult, but I am absolutely horrified by the idea of having responsibilities.