Vertigo; Blog 19

The movie is different, and it’s keeping my interest. I’ve been racking my brain to figure out what the twist ending could be, and now I’m so intrigued that I can’t wait to finish it. I like the relationship between John and Midge. Midge is probably my favorite character because she just does her own thing and she is funny.I don’t mind John’s character but there seems to be something off with him. Madeline, I haven’t figured out if she’s actually possessed, crazy, or making the whole thing up. Now the relationship between Madeline and John makes me uncomfortable. One, she’s like half his age. Two, she’s married, And three, they barely know each other. He’s just some random guy who saved her, and she’s his best friends wife. What is their relationship based on? Because as far as I can see, they’re strangers. Also, how has she not noticed he’s been following her for days? He’s in the same car, he follows close behind her, and many times they’re the only two on the road. I really like the idea of her being possessed by a dead relative though, it’s interesting. Also the similarities between them is a cool touch. I also liked the painting Midge made, even though John didn’t find the humor in it. I’m not really sure what the end will be, but the whole possession thing might be a lie and she could’ve just made up the entire thing to get away for her husband because she hates him. Or the husband could be drugging her, because he wants to mess with her so he can take the family fortune. Or perhaps John could have actually fallen off the roof, and he made up this entire scenario in a comatose state. I really like the movie so far and I can’t wait to finish it. I think, for the most part, it’s perfect.