Dex meets Dexter

The short story “The Celebrating Jumping Frog of Calaveras County” was a weird story. It was basically about 2 people who make a bet about this frog being the best jumper. While the other guy went to get another frog to compare the best to, he left the best frog with the guy he was betting against. The guy with the bet against him put metal pellets inside the frog to weigh him down. When the guy came back with another frog, the “best jumping frog” actually couldn’t jump at all because he was weighed down. Therefore, the other man won the bet. This is an example of satire because it’s teaching you to not let people trick you I guess?? With the plot how it is, it makes the story pretty funny actually. The guy who started the bet got played in the end.

Independent reading in quarter 3 gave me mixed feelings. I really really liked the book, like probably my favorite book now, but I didn’t like the project we did. I would’ve rather done a powerpoint and presented it talking thoroughly. The book trailer tried to convince people to read it, which yes I want everyone to read it, but with the content in my book you had to be careful as far as what information and details you put in it. The book is a little R-rated I guess, therefore a lot of it wasn’t able to be put in a school project. At least with a powerpoint I would’ve been able to elaborate more about the book verbally and explain it.

Huck Finn’s first chapter was really confusing. We even went over it and took notes. I think they story will be interesting hopefully. I don’t know what to say becayse if you read my blogs, I never understand what we learn

Image result for huckleberry finn