YRN 2

The purpose of independent reading is to practice reading every day. To be able to better your understanding of literature since it is a big part of our world. To better encourage student to read, especially myself, is read things more relatable to us and independently. As far as Independent reading, create something that makes us read more often than the AR system we have. Not gonna lie, we either don’t care enough to do it or we all cheat off each other. Making us do AR logs like Mrs. Callahan does might make us actually read, but do it in a way we read books we can engage in.

For my first 3rd quarter book I chose a stolen life: a memoir by Jaycee Dugard. This book is about someone who was kidnapped at age 11 and just recently in 2009 was released from the kidnapper after 18 years. I chose this book because for some reason, I am super interested in books about drug addiction, abuse, and just I guess you could call them “horrific” things. It’s not so much that it’s fun and brings joy interesting, rather a I feel bad for them, I want to help these type of people. I started to become interested into this type of books after I read Butterfly Garden a memoir by Chip St. Clair.

I’m not sure what is going to happen after the first chapter. So far it was just telling about Jaycee’s life before she moved and now when she moved. The first chapter ended right as she was being kidnapped and kept in a van. What I think is gonna happen is she’s going to be kidnapped for years and years and never be allowed out until she breaks out. My initial reaction wasn’t much of a reaction but a feeling. I felt sorry for the girl having to go through this since she is only 11 years old.

The concerns I have for the trailer is what the heck? Why do we have to do it? But also when it is due? Can I not be pictured in it at all? How long does it have to be? What are all of the requirements?

Image result for a stolen life