Thank Me Later

For my six word short story I chose “Longed for him. Got him. Shit”. I chose this story because it is something I can easily connect to in order to be able to write a story on it.

My general idea on the story is about a girl and boy. The girl’s name is Layla and the boy’s name is Derek. The story is about Derek catfishing Layla. Not to see if she’s cheating on her boyfriend, but because he wanted to always talk to her, but he thought she was too pretty for him. Eventually Layla finds out that the picture he sent her isn’t actually him. She got mad at him and wouldn’t talk to him for awhile. Then he told her he was sorry and why he did it. She forgave him and they started talking. They were good friends after talking for quite awhile and then is where it all really began. She gained feelings for him, and he had them for her. The feelings arised because she could confide in him and tell him everything. They started to date. Things were going well, but I mean they were nothing alike. She liked to get out and do things, and he just liked to be in his room all the time doing nothing. After being together for awhile, and being “in love” it came to where roles switched. He was out all the time and she was at home. The problem is he was out partying. Eventually, Layla found out he was cheating on her. They tried to talk it out, but it wasn’t worth it. Finally, she broke up with him and left him for good.

My initial idea was to make it about a girl still named Layla and a boy named Derek. It was going to be somewhere along the same lines, but then I changed it. The reason I changed it is because the story I have now, can be more relateable considering it’s based on a true story. It changed as far as plot becauseĀ I changed the antagonist. Changed the characters because it will be easier to connect to the story and flow better. Changed the setting from Bloomsburg to California and Millville, PA because of where the characters live.

In the end, she “longed for him”, she “got him” then “shit” he was a mistake. technically, it was the other way around because he wanted her first.

Image result for red and white cheer bows