Blog 19: Making Fun of Stuff

I have much experience with satire and humor in general. I feel like satire and humor plays a big role in society today. Just take a look at all the big comedians in society today. They are multi millionaires, and are looked up to by thousands or maybe millions of people on the daily. In my opinion, the best kind of humor I enjoy is sarcasm and others kinds like it. The reason why sarcasm is the best is simple. Anyone could be sarcastic, and make a simple joke out of something sarcastic, or anything sarcastic in nature. There are plenty examples of sarcasm around you everyday. For example, you could make an obvious statement that everybody knows, and someone out of nowhere comes up with a smart ass comment. that is a prime example of sarcasm in your daily life. But one the most famous satirists was Mark Twain. To be honest, I did not know that Mark Twain was a satirist. I thought he was just an author and poet, but my assumption was obviously incorrect. Twain was also known as a humorist, writer, publisher, lecturer, and a entrepreneur. Mark Twain truly was an artist for his time, and expanded his view on society and he bettered it as a whole. One of his famous works/books was “Huckleberry and Finn”. Which changed how people write books back in his time, and in today’s society. So in conclusion, satire and humor plays a big role in today’s society, and played a huge role back in Mark Twain’s life because he was a very important satirist for his time.

Related image