Thoreau’s Attempt

The connection that I could make between Thoreau and Emerson’s thoughts is that Emerson’s thoughts on nature and being self reliant go hand and hand with the idea of being at Walden pond. They also both believe that nature s what forces us not to depend on others’ ideas but to develop our own. Also like Emerson, Thoreau wants to live a simple life, so he could find a deeper meaning. The main idea of the first part of the excerpt from “Walden”, “Where I Lived And What I Lived For” is if you live in nature and you live simply it will make you your best self. The main idea of the last part of the excerpt from “Walden”, “The Conclusion” is if you follow your own path and not follow anyone but yourself you will live a happy life. The benefits of leaving behind society and going into nature would be that you wouldn’t have to worry about anyone but yourself when you are in the woods and you can find your best self. You would miss all the things going on in the world around you whether that be technological advancements, or even wars. I would not be able to do this because I love my life how it is and I don’t like nature because there are bugs and its dirty and no showers so I’ll pass on that. But ya know, things were different back then.

Image result for thoreau