For this debate (this year), my topic is pay to play sports in your high school years. I got the con side of things, but personally I would have choose the other side of the debate. I say that because, well that will just take away my position on the debate. So, I will not help my opponent in any circumstance. To start off, some things I know about this topic is that in some schools it can be beneficial. But, for other schools it is not even discussed because it is “unfair” to kids who do not have the money to play the sport they want to play, whatever. Some results I get with a simple Google search is a link with the title of, “Will pay-to-play ruin school sports?”, this would be research gold for the sole reason that the title is the topic for the argument. Some things I can do logically that can play into my advantage is how everybody deserves a chance no matter what. To show off their skills to the coach of that sport, also to earn a chance to play in the games to represent your school. An ethical issue I can bring up in this debate is the issue of people not having the money to pay to play the sport they want to play. I can play into people’s emotions by maybe relating them to a situation they have been in before, and show them how it is unfair that not all people get the opportunity. Because of their financial situation.

Image result for pay to play high school sports